Raw ketchup is easy to make and will make your raw foods taste even better. There’s really nothing quite like a good ketchup. This simple, yet essential, kitchen creation goes so well with so many different things. It's a tangy, sweet, super tomato-y experience. Now you can have a raw ketchup that will remind you of the ketchup you ate as a child.It's just like the sauce you smear all over your hot potato chips, dunk a sausage roll into, or squirt all over a piping hot sausage in bread. This recipe is unbelievably easy––you have got to try it!
Raw Ketchup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Ketchup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato halves, soaked 1-2 hours
- 1 medium tomatoes, Roma / Italian
- 2 medium medjool dates or 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water, from soaking sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/16 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum (optional)
How to Prepare Raw Ketchup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Cover sun-dried tomatoes with water and soak for 1-2 hours.
- Drain sun-dried tomatoes, and reserve 1 ounce of soak water.
- Blend everything until smooth.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.