Raw ketchup is easy to make and will make your raw foods taste even better. There’s really nothing quite like a good ketchup. This simple, yet essential, kitchen creation goes so well with so many different things. It's a tangy, sweet, super tomato-y experience. Now you can have a raw ketchup that will remind you of the ketchup you ate as a child.It's just like the sauce you smear all over your hot potato chips, dunk a sausage roll into, or squirt all over a piping hot sausage in bread. This recipe is unbelievably easy––you have got to try it!
Raw Ketchup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato halves, soaked 1-2 hours
- 1 medium tomatoes, Roma / Italian
- 2 medium medjool dates or 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water, from soaking sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/16 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum (optional)
- Cover sun-dried tomatoes with water and soak for 1-2 hours.
- Drain sun-dried tomatoes, and reserve 1 ounce of soak water.
- Blend everything until smooth.