Collard greens are a nutrient-dense loose leaf that belongs to the cabbage family. They are the ideal leaf to use for wrapping veggies. They are strong and sturdy. Therefore, they don’t fall apart so you can stuff them with a ton of your favorite ingredients. These wraps are jam-packed full of veggies. They are fresh, crunchy, nutritious and easy to make. Eat them as a meal yourself or serve them up as an entree between two. These wraps are totally customizable, too.
Raw Hummus Wraps [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 leaves collard greens frozen for 1-2 hours then gently rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 zucchini grated
- Handful fresh cilantro chopped
- Gently pat the wet leaves with a paper towel to absorb excess water.
- Lay the leaf face down and trim the thick stem with a sharp knife.
- Flip the leaf and fill with your veggies of choice and roll!
- Cut them in half and serve with hummus. Dip and enjoy!