This raw vegan hot sauce recipe is the perfect addition to your fridge. It lasts a long time, and you can add it to any salad nut or seed butter to make the perfect dip or dressing.
Raw Hot Sauce [Vegan]
- 3 cups of chopped spicy peppers any kind you like; make a red version with red jalapenos or chilis, and a green version with green jalapenos
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon or juice of 2 limes
- Teaspoon of salt
- Teaspoon of mustard seed powder you can use the flowers, when in season
- Half of a bell pepper use red for the red version, yellow or orange for the green
- 7 garlic cloves or less, if you're not a fan, or sub for 2 green onions
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro or other herbs of choice (oregano, mint, parsley etc.)
- 1/4 cup water
- Optional additions: cumin coriander, cayenne, 1/4 of an onion
Blend all ingredients until smooth. You can use either a blender or food processor for this.
Keeps for about a week to two weeks. Store in fridge.