With little effort I soaked, blended and molded the bread into a small yet beautiful little loaf. I turned the dehydrator on for the night and by this afternoon we were making a sandwich with 100% raw, gluten-free, vegan, and kosher sandwich bread. It was absolutely delicious and turned out better than I’d hoped for. You will hardly believe it is raw!
How to Make Raw, Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Raw]
4, 2 slice servings
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 cup onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Place almonds and raisins in a bowl, cover with water, and soak while preparing the other ingredients.
- Add flax seed and chia seeds in a blender or food processor and blend for 8 seconds. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Put onion, garlic, vinegar, salt, and any optional seasonings into the blender. Mince for 7 seconds.
- Drain the almonds and raisins, add to blender with the onion mix and mince for 10 seconds. Push down sides with a spatula and repeat.
- Kneed and work in the flax and chia seed mixture.
- Press the dough into a large ball, press into a loaf firmly to prevent cracking. Opt to brush with raw flax oil and a sprinkle of herbs and seeds.
- Dehydrate at 115°F for 15-16 hours. If using an oven, place the loaf on a raised cookie rack to ventilate while baking at 200°F or the lowest temperature for 3-4 hours.
- Slice and enjoy in a number of ways.