Almonds and flax meal are the base for this raw bread. Add some raisins and a delicious blend of spices and you're almost there! With little effort I soaked, blended and molded the raw bread into a small yet beautiful little loaf. I turned the dehydrator on for the night and by this afternoon we were making a sandwich with 100% raw, gluten-free, vegan, and kosher sandwich bread. It was absolutely delicious and turned out better than I’d hoped for. You will hardly believe this bread is raw! Who says bread can't be raw and gluten-free? They need to make a sandwich with this! It's almost unbelievable how delicious it is.
How to Make Raw, Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Raw]
4, 2 slice servings
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 cup onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Place almonds and raisins in a bowl, cover with water, and soak while preparing the other ingredients.
- Add flax seed and chia seeds in a blender or food processor and blend for 8 seconds. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Put onion, garlic, vinegar, salt, and any optional seasonings into the blender. Mince for 7 seconds.
- Drain the almonds and raisins, add to blender with the onion mix and mince for 10 seconds. Push down sides with a spatula and repeat.
- Kneed and work in the flax and chia seed mixture.
- Press the dough into a large ball, press into a loaf firmly to prevent cracking. Opt to brush with raw flax oil and a sprinkle of herbs and seeds.
- Dehydrate at 115°F for 15-16 hours. If using an oven, place the loaf on a raised cookie rack to ventilate while baking at 200°F or the lowest temperature for 3-4 hours.
- Slice and enjoy in a number of ways.