Custard apples are the perfect component to this unique cheesecake. Their gooey texture and sweet flavor with vanilla undertones can't compare to anything else. Combined with citrusy blood orange zest and topped with raw walnuts and sliced orange, this isn't a dessert to pass over.
Raw Custard Apple and Apricot Cheesecake [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup of flaked almonds
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 5 dried apricots
- 1/2 cup of soft dates (soak in warm water and strain, if need be)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 ripe, soft, medium size custard apple, flesh only
- 2 small or 1 medium-sized ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cups of cashews (soak for 2-4 hours, then strained and rinsed well)
- 1 heaped tablespoon of coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- A tiny pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of clove powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon of blood orange zest
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- Place all of the base ingredients in your food processor and process until the mixture comes together.
- Press it into the base of a square baking tin and place in the fridge while you make the filling
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the coconut oil, into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. You can add a touch more almond milk, if needed.
- Add the coconut oil and blend for another 30-60 seconds until the mixture is smooth and creamy and not grainy.
- Spoon the mixture into the base and smooth it over evenly.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours to set and then serve. Top with walnuts and orange slices.