What you will love about this cake is that it’s pretty light, despite the coconut milk and avocado! So if you’re looking for a super tasty treat, you found it!
Raw Chocolate Mousse Cake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Chocolate Mousse Cake [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup natural walnuts
- 1 cup natural pecan
- 1/4 cup natural almonds
- 1/4 cup natural cashews
- 12 Medjool dates (soaked in water for 15 minutes)
- 1/4 teaspoons vanilla bean powder
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder (unsweetened)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (unsweetened)
- 1/8 cup pure date syrup
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 4 pieces of vegan dark chocolate (85%)
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- melted vegan dark chocolate
- shredded coconut
How to Prepare Raw Chocolate Mousse Cake [Vegan]
- Place the nuts in a blender and mix until the nuts are ground (but not too flour-like). Add the remaining crust layer ingredients and blend until combined.
- Grease a cake tin with 1 tsp of coconut oil so the crust won't stick to the tin. Add the crust dough to the tin and evenly press it down with a spatula or you can use your hands (wet them a bit with water - it helps!). Make sure to also press the dough about 2-3 cm up the sides. When done place into the freezer to set.
- In the meantime, add all the ingredients for the filling in a blender and mix until combined. Pour the filling into the cake tin and place into the freezer for at least 4 hours (if you like it very creamy) or overnight (if you want it to harden up completely).
- Top the cake with your favourite fresh fruits and drizzle melted dark chocolate on top!
- Store the cake in the freezer and make sure to let it soften at room temperature for about 30 minutes before eating, so that it gets creamy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.