What you will love about this cake is that it’s pretty light, despite the coconut milk and avocado! So if you’re looking for a super tasty treat, you found it!
Raw Chocolate Mousse Cake [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup natural walnuts
- 1 cup natural pecan
- 1/4 cup natural almonds
- 1/4 cup natural cashews
- 12 Medjool dates (soaked in water for 15 minutes)
- 1/4 teaspoons vanilla bean powder
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder (unsweetened)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (unsweetened)
- 1/8 cup pure date syrup
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 4 pieces of vegan dark chocolate (85%)
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- melted vegan dark chocolate
- shredded coconut
- Place the nuts in a blender and mix until the nuts are ground (but not too flour-like). Add the remaining crust layer ingredients and blend until combined.
- Grease a cake tin with 1 tsp of coconut oil so the crust won't stick to the tin. Add the crust dough to the tin and evenly press it down with a spatula or you can use your hands (wet them a bit with water - it helps!). Make sure to also press the dough about 2-3 cm up the sides. When done place into the freezer to set.
- In the meantime, add all the ingredients for the filling in a blender and mix until combined. Pour the filling into the cake tin and place into the freezer for at least 4 hours (if you like it very creamy) or overnight (if you want it to harden up completely).
- Top the cake with your favourite fresh fruits and drizzle melted dark chocolate on top!
- Store the cake in the freezer and make sure to let it soften at room temperature for about 30 minutes before eating, so that it gets creamy!