These raw "chicken" nuggets are the perfect lunch for kids! Made from sun-dried tomatoes, corn, and nutritional yeast with a blend of savory seasoning, you'll be surprised at how "meaty" these actually are. Pair with your favorite dipping sauce and fries or a salad on the side!
Raw ‘Chicken’ Nuggets [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Nuggets:
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds, soaked 10 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, soaked 1 hour
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 3 ears corn
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cups ground sunflower seeds
- 2 cups ground sesame seeds
For the Optional Breading:
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add the coconut nectar and apple cider vinegar to the blender and pulse. Next add in the garlic, chili powder, miso, cayenne, cumin, salt, and chia seeds. Blend again.
- Add onion, tomato, sun-dried tomatoes, and corn. If you start having problems blending, just use a spatula to move the mixture down and make sure everything is getting blended.
- Pour this mixture into a bowl and clean out your blender.
- Grind sunflower and sesame seeds in a high-speed blender or coffee grinder.
- Add your ground seeds and nutritional yeast in with the mixture already in your bowl, and mix everything together with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, assemble your breading mixture by just tossing together your ground flax, chili pepper, and salt.
- To make the patties, use a large soup spoon to scoop it up, and form into a patty shape, coat each patty with your breading mixture, then lay it on your dehydrator sheet, or on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Dehydrate overnight, store in an airtight container up to 7 days.