These tarts are filled with creamy cashew cheese and are crusted with walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and salty sun-dried tomatoes. They are deceivingly "cheesy" and pair beautifully with some fresh mixed greens and sliced grape tomatoes.
Raw Cashew Cheese Tarts With Sun-Dried Tomato Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Cashew Cheese Tarts With Sun-Dried Tomato Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cashew Cheese Filling:
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for at least 1 hour)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, optional
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch Himalayan salt and black pepper
For the Base:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 flax seeds
- Pinch sea salt
- Twist black pepper
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Cherry tomatoes
How to Prepare Raw Cashew Cheese Tarts With Sun-Dried Tomato Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Add all the base ingredients to your food processor and blitz until the mix comes together. Remove the mix and divide into four. Press the mix into the bottom and edges of the tart cases (I used 3-inch) and up the sides. Pop in the refrigerator while you get the filling ready.
- Clean your food processor then add all the cheese filling ingredients and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Top the tarts with the filling then pop them back in the fridge to firm up a little.
- Eat as they are or top with cherry tomatoes, olives, or fresh herbs.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.