These raw apple bars are super delicious and healthy. They're also made with really basic ingredients. Making your lunch or snack bars or putting them in your kids' lunchbox is so easy and so fast that it takes longer to get out and go to the supermarket to buy some. These do not even have to go to the oven–– just put in the mincer and they're ready! Sweetened only with dates and the wonderful taste of dehydrated apple, these raw apple are a delicious, unrefined, vegan and gluten free snack.
Raw Apple Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4.23 ounces cashews or almonds
- 4.23 ounces pitted dates (medjool works best)
- 1.41 ounces dehydrated apple
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch ginger powder
- 1 pinch salt
- If your dates are too dry, soak them for 15 minutes.
- Strain the water from soaking them and dry them thoroughly with absorbent paper.
- Put the cashews or almonds in the mincer and chop them roughly.
- Place the dates and bite again.
- Add the dried apple, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
- Chop a lot until it forms a paste. Stop occasionally to scrape the edges of the mincer.
- Place on a tray lined with cling film and flatten the paste you have prepared.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour until solid and consistent.
- Remove, cut into bars or squares.
- Store in a closed box in a refrigerator or freezer.