These brownies are so incredibly fudgy, with a few crunchy walnut pieces on the inside, covered with a fruity and creamy layer on top! Apart from being incredibly delicious they’re also completely refined sugar-free, naturally sweetened by dates, filled with healthy fats from avocado and peanut butter, gluten-free and can even be made oil-free! Such a healthy, nutritious and tasty treat! Perfect for any occasion really!
Raspberry Peanut Fudge Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free]
- 2 cups tightly packed medjool dates, unpitted (about 20)
- 1 medium avocado, ripe
- 1/4 cup plant milk
- 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil (alternatively nut butter)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon plant milk
- 1/2 cup raspberry chia jam
- Prepare the raspberry chia jam and place into the fridge.
- Add the dates, avocado, milk, coconut oil (or nut butter), vanilla extract and salt to a food processor and blend until you get a smooth mixture. Place the date paste into a bowl and add in cacao powder, almond flour, walnuts, baking powder, and chocolate chips. Use a spatula to mix everything together into a smooth sticky batter.
- Line an 8-inch brownie tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Scoop the batter into the brownies pan and carefully even out (wet the spoon for easier handling of the sticky batter).
- In a small bowl mix together the ingredient for the peanut butter swirl. Place a few teaspoons of the peanut mixture as well as the raspberry chia jam onto the brownies. Use a toothpick to draw swirls into the batter.
- Place the brownies into the oven and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Let the brownies cool down completely and place into the fridge for minimum 2 hours (best overnight).
- Take out of the fridge to serve and cut up into pieces.