The raspberry champagne in these waffles is a great way to kick off the new year right! It adds a perfect and subtle sweetness to these brunch delights. They are great for guests or when you feel like especially treating yourself.
Raspberry Champagne Waffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups raspberry champagne
- 2 cups gluten-free baking flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour (or whole oats ground into flour)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon arrowroot flour/starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 30 raspberries (sliced in half)
- Heat your waffle iron.
- In a medium-large bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients together, then add the wet and mix until well combined (save the raspberries for the very last step).
- Add the butter in last so that it doesn't harden back up.
- Gently fold in the raspberries. (Note: save some for garnishing if desired)
- Spray your waffle iron with coconut oil (or other non-stick spray)
- Depending on which waffle iron you have, add 1/4 cup of batter to each waffle well and bake until golden on the outside.
- Serve garnished with fresh berries and sprinkled powdered sugar or maple syrup.