Once you master this recipe, you'll never feel guilty about brownies again. These black bean brownies are super tasty and incredibly healthy to boot. And, depending on your mood, you can throw in some extra raspberries, pecans, or even – more chocolate.
Raspberry Black Bean Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups black beans, soaked and drained
- 2 chia eggs (2 tablespoons chia seeds, plus 6 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite sweetener
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup cacao powder
- A pinch of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 handful pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 handful dark chocolate chunks (optional)
- 1 cup raspberries (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Blend all ingredients – except nuts and chocolate chips– in your blender until well combined.
- Grease your brownie pan.
- Add the nuts, raspberries, and chocolate chunks into your brownie batter (if you are using them) and stir the batter with a spoon.
- Pour your batter into your pan.
- Sprinkle extra nuts and chocolate chips on top if you are using them
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
*To make one chia egg, soak 2 tablespoons of chia seeds in 6 tablespoons of water overnight to get a gelatine-like consistency