These mousse cakes are an amazing dessert experience. Melt-in-your-mouth and sweet, with a dark chocolate drizzle, they get their amazing mousse-like texture from cashews and their flavor from fresh, juicy dragon fruit and raspberries. You've got to try it to believe it. Healthy and flavorful — what's not to love here?
Raspberry and Dragon Fruit Mousse Cake [Vegan]
For the Mousse Cakes:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 4.2 ounces dragon fruit
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 5 tablespoons coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin coconut oil
To Make the Mousse Cakes:
- Drain the soaked cashew and rinse thoroughly.
- Mix well all ingredients except coconut oil in high-speed food processor. Blend until it`s really smooth. Add melted coconut oil. Blend and mix again until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into muffins cups. Put in the freezer for 3 hours to set.
To Make the Chocolate Sauce:
- Melt chocolate chips using double boiler.
- Add coconut oil and mix well with a whisk. Wait a few minutes until chocolate start to thick.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of the chocolate sauce over each chilled cake.