It's no wonder that macaroons have seen a huge surge in popularity within the past few years. Macaroons are very straightforward to make and contain very simple ingredients. These raspberry and chocolate macaroons are the perfect balance of sweet and tart, with warm vanilla and coconut complementing the classic flavor combination.
Raspberry and Chocolate Macaroons [Vegan, Gluten Free]
- 1 cup non-dairy milk pulp
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 cups freeze-dried raspberries
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 6 tablespoons coconut butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons liquid sweetener, coconut nectar or brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Blend all ingredients except 1/2 cup of the desiccated coconut and 1/2 cup of the raspberries in a food processor until well combined.
- Add remaining coconut and raspberries, and pulse until combined but still retaining some texture – you want to see small chunks of raspberries in your macaroons.
- Using a tablespoon sized measuring spoon, take scoops of the mixture, press it firmly into the spoon and flatten the top with your fingers. Then turn the spoon over and hit it on a chopping board until the moon shaped macaroon pops cleanly out. Tidy up the edges if needed with your fingers. If you’re struggling to get them out, you can wet your spoon slightly before pressing in the mixture.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes to set, then eat as is, or store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.