Loaded with fresh herby flavor, this oil-free quinoa tabbouleh recipe is the perfect salad for special celebrations or simple weeknight dinners. Each bite is bright, refreshing, and delicious!
Quinoa Tabbouleh [Vegan, Oil Free]
Ingredients You Need for Quinoa Tabbouleh [Vegan, Oil Free]
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa (3 cups cooked) cooked with 2 cups of water
- 2 cups (about 1 large or 2 small bunches) of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced scallions (about 4 full-sized) green tops only
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 cups (about 4 medium/large) of tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup (2 oz.) of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
How to Prepare Quinoa Tabbouleh [Vegan, Oil Free]
- Cook the quinoa by adding 1 cup of rinsed quinoa to 2 cups of boiling water sprinkled with some salt. Cover and gently simmer until the water is fully absorbed, about 10 minutes. Let cool and fluff with a fork. You can also use quinoa that has been cooked ahead of time.
- While the quinoa is cooking, rinse and pat dry the parsley, mint, and scallions. Remove the thick stems from the parsley and add it to a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped but not pureed. Finely slice the scallions and chop the mint by hand.
- De-seed the tomatoes by slicing each one in half, sliding a knife around the membrane, and scooping out the seeds and surrounding gel with a spoon. Then dice them.
- Pile the cooled quinoa, herbs, and tomatoes into a large mixing bowl. Toss with freshly squeezed lemon juice and season with salt and pepper, adjusting to taste.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes to let the flavors get to know each other and serve with generous slices of avocado.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.