Need a simple, no-fuss dinner for weeknight meals? Try these curried lentils and carrots over salad! The base of the recipe is garlic, ginger, lentils, and carrots sautéed in coconut oil. The combination with the fresh crispy greens and almonds make this dish amazing and satisfying — and it cooks in just 20 minutes!
Quick Curried Lentils With Carrots and Chickpeas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- A good handful (per plate) of arugula or any other leafy green you like
- 2 cups red lentils, rinsed and cooked in 4 cups of water
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 big carrot, cut in little slices/chunks
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 an onion, cut in pieces
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- A dash of turmeric (optional)
- A few dashes of dried ginger or grate 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger
- A heaping teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- Almonds, for topping
- Cook the lentils in the 4 cups of water.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a saucepan and add the onion to that. Once they become soft, add the carrot slice/chunks. Add the chickpeas now to the saucepan as well. Add all the (dried) spices now and finish with the garlic.
- When the lentils are done (this will take about 8 minutes), add them as well. Serve on a plate with greens of your choice.