Fresh veggies and chickpeas served in a purple cabbage boat sounds like everything you could want for your next meal, doesn't it? Plenty of healthy, tasty ingredients that are also full of vibrant color and flavor.
Purple Cabbage Chickpea Boats [Vegan]
1 large or 2 small servings
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 small or 2 large purple cabbage leaves
- 2 cups arugula
- Cook the mushrooms, shallot, and bell peppers in the olive oil in a pan set over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, turmeric, paprika, garlic powder, and salt and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Fill the cabbage leaves with the chickpea mixture and serve over a bed of arugula.