These Pumpkin White Bean Patties are made of pure pumpkin, white beans, rolled oats and spices. Top with your favorite fixings or serve over leafy greens! Pumpkin may seem like a strange base for a burger but this mix of flavors is sure to surprise! Pumpkin not only adds flavor, but a healthy dose of nutrients.and includes 3 grams of fiber and a mix of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. You have to try these Pumpkin White Bean Patties!
Pumpkin White Bean Patties [Vegan]
- 1 can 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place all ingredients in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a flat beater. Mix until fully combined and only a few beans remain.
- Form mixture into 8-9 patties. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until patties are firm.
- Serve warm on a whole grain bun or bed of leafy greens with toppings of choice: avocado, hot sauce, mustard, greens, tomato, etc.
If you don't have a stand mixture and flat beater, simply add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mash together with a potato masher until only a few in-tact beans remain. Leftover cooked patties can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. They’re an easy on-the-go lunch option and can be eaten warm or cold. To freeze for later, cook per instructions, let cool, freeze on a baking sheet for 3-4 hours and then transfer to a freezer bag. To enjoy, remove as many as you need and heat them up for a quick meal.