If you love all things pumpkin or simply crave modern vegan concepts, you have to try this recipe for vegan Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese!! It’s quick, easy, cheesy, affordable, slightly sweet, slightly tart, packs that orange hue, packs healthy fats, protein, fresh pumpkin, you can modify the texture by removing as much moisture as you like, perf for the fall season, and pairs magically with a cinnamon bagel!
Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese [Vegan]
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight in water
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup Pecans (optional garnish)
- 2 tablespoons vegan yogurt
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin, canned
- almond milk as needed to get the mixture to move in the blender
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (plus more to taste)
- Drain the liquid off of the soaked cashews. Add them to a blender or food processor with all of the ingredients and blend until completely smooth. If you aren't using a high-powered blender, it will take several minutes for the cashews to break down and release oils in order to become a smooth mixture. Stop to scrape down the sides as needed; you can add almond milk a tablespoon at a time if you're having trouble blending.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture onto the cheesecloth. Pull up the sides of cheesecloth and tie with a piece of string or twine.Hang the cheese bag on a kitchen utensil and rest it inside a vase or juice pitcher. It just has to be extended in the air so that the extra liquids can drain from it. Use a clean utensil to taste the mixture, let it culture for another 12-24 hours if you want a stronger tang.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 weeks. Top with additional pumpkin spice and pecans and serve.
- Pumpkin Spice