Believe it not these brownies are incredibly fudgy, chocolatey, and simply melt in your mouth. Black beans add an amazing dense fudginess and trust me…you wont even taste them in the final product. An incredibly fudgy chocolate filled black bean brownie with a bit of festive touch by adding pumpkin pie spice. Embedded with gooey chunks of chocolate chips as well!
Pumpkin Spice Black Bean Brownie [Vegan]
- 1 15 ounce can black beans
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a small baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend the oats until a flour-like consistency is reached. Pour into a bowl and set aside. Add the beans to the food processor and blend until smooth and no chunks remain. Transfer to the bowl with the oat flour.
- To the beans, add the rest of the ingredients. Stir until evenly incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Evenly spread brownie batter into the pan. It won't cover the whole pan, but the consistency enables you to mold it into a rectangle for about 1/2 of the baking dish. Sprinkle on a bit more chocolate chips. Bake for 25-30 min. until the top has hardened and is firm to touch. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.