This homemade Pumpkin Lentil Soup is easy and super hearty packed with carrots, potatoes and full of fresh flavors! Vegan and gluten free.
Pumpkin Lentil Soup [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup sprouted lentils
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 cups low sodium or no salt vegetable broth
- 2-3 cups water, depending on desired consistency, can always add more later
- 1 large carrot, washed, peeled, chopped
- 3/4 cup green beans
- 2 medium yellow potatoes washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon each onion and garlic powder
- Toppings: mashed avocado, parsley, vegan sour cream (optional), vegan shredded cheese (optional)
- In a large pot add all the ingredients and boil about 26 minutes. Carrots and potatoes should be slightly firm when you poke them with a fork.
- Add lentils at this point and reduce to medium heat and continue boiling for 5 minutes and then place a lid on the pot and turn heat off, let sit for another 10 minutes until done.
This recipe used sprouted lentils as stated, if you do not use sprouted then you want to soak them the night before OR put them in sooner because they will take longer to cook. Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days or freeze 1-2 months.