3-ingredients, no-churn vegan ice cream that’s as creamy and delicious as pumpkin pie, and totally decadent when drizzled with coconut caramel, toasted coconut chips, and maple-spiced praline pecans. If this sounds tempting, and if you are looking for ways to change up things for your Thanksgiving menu this year, why not make this pumpkin ice cream instead of the usual pie! With the same silky texture and flavors, it will be a hit for sure.
Pumpkin Ice Cream With Coconut Caramel and Praline Pecans [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Pumpkin Ice Cream:
- 2/3 cup pumpkin purée (homemade is preferable)
- 2/3 cup coconut caramel (recipe below)
- 1 can coconut cream (chilled in the refrigerator for a few hours)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- For topping: toasted coconut chips, maple-spiced pecans (recipe below), coconut caramel (recipe below)
For the Coconut Caramel:
- 1 can coconut cream
- 6 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Pinch of flaky sea salt
For the Maple-Spiced Pecans:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
To Make the Coconut Caramel:
- In a small pot, combine 1 can coconut cream, and 6 tablespoons of coconut sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring often, until light amber in color. Let cool.
- Divide the caramel sauce by setting aside 2/3 cup for the ice cream, and the rest for drizzling on top.
To Make the Pecan Praline:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix 1 cup of pecans with 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice, and a pinch of salt. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool, and roughly chop.
To Make the Ice Cream:
- In a medium bowl, add 2/3 cup pumpkin purée, 2/3 cup coconut caramel, 2 tsp cinnamon, and mix. Remove the can of coconut cream from the fridge, and carefully scoop out the solid part, leaving the remaining liquid for some other use.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the cream for 5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form.
- Combine the whipped cream with the pumpkin pure mix from step 1.
- Scoop mixture into a gallon ziplock bag, squeeze out as much air as possible, and lay flat on a tray. Freeze for about an hour.
- Remove the frozen ice cream, and break into pieces. Place in food processor, and blend. You may need to add a bit of coconut milk to help blend until you get a soft serve consistency.
- You can freeze again, or serve as is, topped with the praline pecans, toasted coconut chips, and drizzled with the remaining coconut caramel.