Try pizza a new way with this unique recipe! Artichoke cream substitutes for the usual tomato sauce while flaky puff pastry substitutes for semolina crust. This pizza is perfect for warmer weather.
Puff Pastry Pizza With Artichoke Cream [Vegan]
For the Artichoke Cream:
- 1 10-ounce can artichoke hearts
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
For the Puff Pastry Pizzas:
- 1 large vegan puff pastry sheet divided in 4, thawed (if necessary)
- Artichoke cream
- 2/3 cup chanterelle mushrooms
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup rocket salad
- About 8 small tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To Make the Artichoke Cream:
- Drain the artichokes and mix with the other ingredients in a food processor, until smooth and creamy.
To Make the Pizza:
- Preheat the oven to 390°F. Carefully remove any dirt from the mushrooms, melt oil in a frying pan, and fry thyme and shallots, until translucent.
- Add the chanterelle mushrooms and fry until water starts to seep out. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the puff pastry sheets on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spread the artichoke cream over the puff pastry and top with tomato slices and mushrooms. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the pastry turns golden around the edges. Garnish with arugula and fresh thyme.