Served over brown rice, this meaty dish is perfect for pleasing meat-eaters and vegans alike! Serve this at your next family dinner for a yummy, flavorful meal!
Puerto Rican Style Stewed Oyster Mushrooms [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Puerto Rican Style Stewed Oyster Mushrooms [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons recaíto or sofrito
- 6-ounces oyster mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup manzanilla olives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup brown rice rinsed
How to Prepare Puerto Rican Style Stewed Oyster Mushrooms [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Brown Rice:
- Heat a medium-sized pot over medium heat.
- Add the vegetable broth and rice and bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, cover the pot and reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 40 minutes or until the rice is tender and all of the broth is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
To Make the Stewed Oyster Mushrooms:
- Sprinkle adobo over mushrooms and set aside.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of vegetable broth and the recaíto.
- Cook the recaíto for one minute then add the 1/2 cup of vegetable broth, the 1/2 teaspoon of adobo, oyster mushrooms, tomato sauce, manzanilla olives, salt, and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving Calories: 251 | Carbs: 44 g | Fat: 3 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 577 mg | Sugar: 4 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.