Vegan apple berry crumble is the perfect Autumn dessert––it's cozy, comforting, cinnamon-spiced & absolutely irresistible! This isn’t however a standard crumble recipe. This is a healthy, refined sugar and gluten free crumble with added protein. You are going to love it!
Protein Apple Berry Crumble [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 14 ounces cooking apples
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- .7 ounces coconut sugar
- 5.3 ounces frozen berries
- 1 scoop of vegan protein powder (vanilla works well)
- .35 ounces desiccated coconut
- 1.23 ounces ground almonds
- .85 ounces of fruit syrup
- 7 ounces porridge oats (if gluten free use gluten free oats)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- Cook the chopped apples with the sugar and cinnamon in a large pan, stirring occasionally – add a splash of water if they start to stick on the bottom. When just about tender and a bit saucy, tip into a large ovenproof dish. Top with the frozen berries.
- In another bowl combine all the dry ingredients and then mix in the fruit syrup. Place the mixture on top of the frozen berries and apples
- Place in a preheated oven at 338°F for 25 minutes or until golden on the top and hot in the middle.
- Serve with vegavcustard or yoghurt