Love rice pudding? This decadent rice pudding is made by cooking risotto rice with non-dairy cream, brown sugar, and soy milk in a pressure cooker until sweet, sticky, and caramelized. While that cools, you whip up a quick strawberry compote, then blend the rice pudding into a lusciously creamy texture. Not only is this sweet rice pudding great for dessert, it would also make an amazing breakfast or brunch item!
Pressure Cooker Rice Pudding With Stewed Strawberries [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2.8 ounces risotto rice (Carnaroli, Vialone Nano, Arborio, etc...)
- 3/4 cup, plus 2 1/4 tablespoons soy cream or cashew cream
- 1 cup soy milk, plus more as needed
- 3/8 cup brown sugar
- A drop of vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 7 ounces strawberries
- Water, as needed
- In your pressure cooker, add rice, cream, milk, vanilla, lemon zest, and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Cook for 18 minutes, opening halfway through to stir with a spoon. Once done, add the rice mixture to a blender and purée into a cream.
- In a pan, sauté the strawberries and the remaining brown sugar, adding water as needed. Let the strawberries sauce reduce by half, then let cool.
- Fill a pastry bag with the rice pudding and pipe into bowls. Garnish with stewed strawberries and fresh mint, then serve.