I was inspired to make these potato waffles by Sandy's Vegan Blogs and Blahs. Super simple and quick.They taste amazing! And, because everything´s better with sauce, I made a hummus to accompany these potato waffles. Worked perfectly.
Potato Waffles and Hummus Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 jar cooked chickpeas
- olive oil (about 1/3 cup)
- salt to taste
- 1 orange chili pepper (with seeds and all)
- 2 garlic cloves (or just 1)
- some lemon juice
- 1 tsp tahini
- rice milk (optional, just to make it more “saucey”. water works, too)
- cooked potatoes
- oil or vegan butter to grease the waffle pan
- These waffles are a great way to use up leftover cooked potatoes. Otherwise just cook them like you usually do.
- Grease the waffle iron (I used vegan butter). Put in a potato, and fry until crispy.
- In the meantime, put everything into a blender to make the hummus. Adjust salt/spices to taste.
- Dig in
Inspired by and adapted from http://sandysveganblogsandblahs.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/potato-waffles.html