Are you looking to spice up your grilling game? Try out this portobello mushroom burger! Instead of bun, veggies are sandwiched between portobello mushrooms, which also makes it gluten-free! This is a great recipe to impress company – it’s so simple and uses very few ingredients, but the result is still so beautiful! What better option than a Portobello Mushroom Burger to eat on a gorgeous summer night?
Portobello Mushroom Burgers [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Portobello Mushroom Burgers [Vegan]
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic flakes (or option for fresh garlic)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup pea shoots, sprouts
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
How to Prepare Portobello Mushroom Burgers [Vegan]
- Slice the mushroom stems off (option to save for dressing) Slice about 1/2 inch of the mushroom top off (as if slicing a bun).
- Combine the balsamic, soy sauce or tamari, garlic, basil, oregano and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place the mushroom caps on a cookie sheet with foil and a little coconut oil (to prevent sticking).
- With a large spoon pour the marinade over each mushroom cap and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Bake the mushrooms for about 10 minutes. Check and see if they are don - otherwise flip them and bake another 10 minutes. I used a conventional oven and only cooked them 10 minutes on one side and they were all done.
- Place the bottom of the mushroom cap on a plate - add your choice of toppings and top with the top portion of the baked mushroom cap.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 432 | Total Carbs: 43 g | Total Fat: 25 g | Total Protein: 13 g | Total Sodium: 652 g | Total Sugar: 19 g Per Serving: Calories: 216 | Carbs: 22 g | Fat: 13 g | Protein: 7 g | Sodium: 326 mg | Sugar: 10 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.