These cookies are a combination of tart pomegranate seeds, sweetened peanut butter, and a heavenly homemade chocolate drizzle. They're a new way to enjoy gluten-free cookies, made flourless through the power of ground-up peanuts and flaxseeds!
Pomegranate Peanut Flour Cookies With a Chocolate Drizzle [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cookies:
- 1 1/2 cups ground roasted and unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup additive-free peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (adjust saltiness based on your taste preference)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon water, 2 1/2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds)
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
For the Chocolate Drizzle:
- A handful of chocolate chips
- A scoop of coconut oil
To Make the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Chop 2 cups worth of shelled, roasted, and unsalted peanuts in a food processor until you have little bits of peanuts remaining. It should be the consistency of meal. This should yield 1 1/2 cups of ground peanuts. Blend more peanuts if necessary.
- Combine all of the wet and all of the dry ingredients separately, then mix them together.
- Add pomegranate seeds to dough and mix well.
- Using a cookie dough scoop or two teaspoons measure out 12 cookie balls onto a baking sheet.
- Using the palm of your hand, gently flatten each cookie.
- Place cookies in oven and reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cookie base has browned.
To Make the Chocolate Drizzle:
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave in 30-second intervals until melted.
- Dip the tines of a fork into the melted chocolate and drizzle over baked cookies in a zigzag pattern.
Store in an airtight container. If they lose their crispiness pop them in a toaster oven to freshen.