This vegan polenta recipe makes a great plant-based breakfast or a vegan appetizer! Here, grilled gluten-free polenta cakes are stuffed with cilantro and coconut giving them a delicious flavor. So if you are looking for quick vegan gluten-free recipes, then try these Polenta and Cilantro Savory Bites. Stir-frying polenta brings out the true flavor of this Italian dish.
Polenta Cilantro Savory Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Polenta Cilantro Savory Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Polenta:
- 18 ounces Gluten-Free Polenta
- Oil (to grill Polenta slices)
For the Stuffing:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
How to Prepare Polenta Cilantro Savory Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Prep Polenta:
- Slice the Polenta into 1/2” thick rounds.
- Add oil in a grill pan
- Grill the Polenta slices evenly on both sides.
- Remove from the grill and place in a bowl lined with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
To Prep the Stuffing:
- Heat the Olive oil in a pan.
- Sauté the minced garlic and ginger paste for about 30 seconds.
- Then add the chopped jalapeno and Cilantro. Fry for another 45 seconds.
- Lastly, add the shredded coconut and poppy seeds and salt. Continue to sauté for an additional minute.
- Take the mixture off the flame and keep it aside for now.
- Spread the filling on a grilled Polenta slice and cover it with another slice to create a mini sandwich.
- Serve immediately with some green chutney, or ketchup.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.