This vegan polenta recipe makes a great plant-based breakfast or a vegan appetizer! Here, grilled gluten-free polenta cakes are stuffed with cilantro and coconut giving them a delicious flavor. So if you are looking for quick vegan gluten-free recipes, then try these Polenta and Cilantro Savory Bites. Stir-frying polenta brings out the true flavor of this Italian dish.
Polenta Cilantro Savory Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Polenta:
- 18 ounces Gluten-Free Polenta
- Oil (to grill Polenta slices)
For the Stuffing:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
To Prep Polenta:
- Slice the Polenta into 1/2” thick rounds.
- Add oil in a grill pan
- Grill the Polenta slices evenly on both sides.
- Remove from the grill and place in a bowl lined with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
To Prep the Stuffing:
- Heat the Olive oil in a pan.
- Sauté the minced garlic and ginger paste for about 30 seconds.
- Then add the chopped jalapeno and Cilantro. Fry for another 45 seconds.
- Lastly, add the shredded coconut and poppy seeds and salt. Continue to sauté for an additional minute.
- Take the mixture off the flame and keep it aside for now.
- Spread the filling on a grilled Polenta slice and cover it with another slice to create a mini sandwich.
- Serve immediately with some green chutney, or ketchup.