Because of their color, black eyed peas make a perfect base for this pink hummus. They also taste delicious! However, you can also use Navy beans or chickpeas and it will be just fine. Then just make hummus as usual, adding in a roasted red beet to get that beautiful pink color. Pink hummus is so easy and makes eating lunch so much more fun! Eat it on toast, in a pita falafel sandwich, or with crackers! Pink hummus is the perfect high protein spread! Bring this aesthetically pleasing hummus to a party to impress the guests. It will be the star of their insta stories.
Pink Hummus [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups canned black eyed beans
- small red beet
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- juice from one lemon
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic (or more if you like)
- 1/2 cup filtered water (you may add more if needed)
- aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Peel your beet and garlic and place them on aluminum foil.
- Lightly brush with oil, wrap it tightly and roast for 1 hour.
- When ready, let it cool down.
- Cut the beet into 4 quarters and blend in a food processor by pressing pulse button while adding the rest of the ingredients including the juice from the roasted beet.
- Blend full speed at the end until smooth.