This easy dinner comes together in less than 30 minutes and highlights the fresh flavors of summer. Naan is topped with a fresh cashew-basil pesto and oven-roasted tomatoes and asparagus. You can even make an extra batch of the pesto and use it for other recipes, like pasta throughout the week.
Pesto Naan Pizza With Roasted Tomatoes and Asparagus [Vegan]
For the Pizza:
- 2 whole wheat naan
- 5 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup asparagus, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Fresh basil, for garnish
For the Pesto:
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1 cup basil leaves, packed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place cashews in a high-speed blender and pulse until chopped into tiny pieces. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- Place basil leaves and garlic into blender and pulse until leaves are broken up.
- Add in extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper and purée until just slightly chunky. Add the cashews back in, pulse once more, and add any more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place whole wheat naan on a baking sheet. Spoon desired amount of pesto onto each naan and spread to coat. Top with sliced tomatoes and asparagus pieces.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until naan is crispy and tomatoes are tender.