Mmm, gnocchi ... who doesn't love a big bowl of fluffy little potato dumplings covered in pesto? Not many people, that's for sure. You can make your own gnocchi at home or take a shortcut and buy your own from the store. We won't tell anyone, though!
Pesto Gnocchi With Olives and Sun-Dried Tomatoes [Vegan]
- 1 package of gnocchi (or make your own!)
- 3 cups of loosely packed basil
- 2 cups of loosely packed spinach
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil (for pesto)
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of pitted black olives
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Set aside.
- Add the basil, spinach, garlic, lemon juice, pine nuts, sea salt, and pepper to a blender and begin to blend on low. Slowly pour in the olive oil until desired consistency is reached. You may not need all of the oil.
- Mix the pesto sauce, sun-dried tomatoes and olives in with the gnocchi.