This pepper and almond spread is very creative and nice and savory! Enjoy this spread over some toast or with your favorite crackers and veggies.
Pepper and Almond Spread [Vegan]
- 6 large red peppers
- 1 tablespoon dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons oil sunflower seeds
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 15 peeled almonds
- Chili peppers
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Fresh coriander to garnish (optional)
- Salt for taste
- Wash and dry the peppers, clean them by removing the stem, seeds and internal white parts and cut them into small pieces. Dry them partially in the oven at the minimum temperature, or if the weather allows it in the sun.
- When they have lost some of their water (they don't need to be completely dry, but should still be soft), cut them into pieces and chop them in a mixer, adding the oil as well. You will get a coarse puree.
- With an immersion blender emulsify the almonds, garlic, a few drops of lemon, a bit of salt, chilli according to your tastes and the dried tomatoes soaked for a few minutes in hot water and well dried.
- Blend everything until you get a smooth and well-mixed cream.