I love these little chocolate-y babies! A great dessert for a dinner party or get together. Just make sure no one has a nut allergy! I like to use my tart pan because I wanted the little tart design and the size was perfect, but you can use a regular size or mini cupcake tin as well. Servings may vary depending on the pan you choose.
Pecan Walnut Ganache Tarts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts (or all pecans or half walnuts/half pecans)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- Shredded coconut, a little bit
- Whole pecans, 12
- Bring the coconut milk to a simmer in a saucepan with a pour spout. Add the chips and whisk until melted. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla. Continue to whisk until the ganache is smooth. Let cool as you work on the crust.
- Process the walnuts, dates, oats and coconut oil in the processor. If you don’t have a Vitamix, soak the dates and then toss the soaking water before processing.
- Sprinkle each tart/cupcake section with shredded coconut. Then, press the crust into each one. Press it down so that it is thin on the bottom and it comes up the side.
- Pour the ganache into the tarts and decorate with a whole pecan
- Place in the refrigerator to set and then use a small icing spatula to gently release each one from the pan. Serve and enjoy!