Baking with seasonal fruits that are sweet and rich in flavor is what brings perfection to a chilly autumn day. Galettes are a great option for a quick and comforting dessert because they are incredibly easy to make and don’t afford a lot of time and effort. They are not about perfection, on the contrary, their charm lies in the rustic, nearly careless complexion. This galette is filled with the sweetest pears and a generous drizzle of sweet and flavorful pumpkin spice icing, a worthy and fun element of every true autumn dish.
Pear Galette With Pumpkin Spice Icing [Vegan, Wheat-Free]
For the Dough:
- 1 3/4 cups spelt flour
- 1/3 cup, plus 1 3/4 tablespoons cold vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Scant 1/4 cup cold water
For the Filling:
- 2 small pears, sweet and ripe
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
For the Icing:
- 1/3 cup, plus 2 1/2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- Combine all the ingredients for the dough except the water in a food processor and combine, then add the water to form a dough. Wrap in foil and put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Wash and core your pears, then thinly slice them up.
- Roll out the dough thinly between two sheets of parchment paper. Fan out the pears in the middle and sprinkle with the raw sugar, top with a few flakes of butter, then fold over the edge.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the dough is browned and the pears are caramelized.
- While baking, prepare the icing by adding all the ingredients to your food processor.
- Remove the galette from the oven, drizzle with the icing, and serve.