Peanut sauce. Noodles. Veggies. Need we say more? Nothing is more comforting than a big bowl of noodles. This dish is a stand out dinner and can also be served cold for lunch! Mix up this recipe and making it your own by adding your protein of choice and swapping out your favorite vegetables.
15-Minute Peanut Vegetable Noodle Bowls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1-inch knob of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove
For the Noodles:
- 1 box of whole wheat spaghetti or soba noodles (check that they're 100 percent buckwheat if you're gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1 small broccoli head, cut into florets
For the Topping:
- Chopped peanuts, as desired
- Cilantro, as desired
- Sesame seeds, as desired
- Put all ingredients for peanut sauce in a small mixing bowl. Using a whisk or spoon, mix until well blended. If sauce is too thick, add a tablespoon of water at a time.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan on medium heat.
- Add peppers, broccoli, and snow peas. Let cook until broccoli is vibrant green, about 5-8 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, heat large pot of water on high heat and coook vegetables according to package instructions.
- Add carrot ribbons to vegetables and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain noodles and mix in vegetables.
- Pour sauce over noodles and vegetables and toss with tongs. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with desired toppings.
- Peanut Butter