Bring this camping classic right into your kitchen by whipping up a batch of these delicious vegan peanut butter s’mores cookies! They’re oil-free, and because they’re made with oat flour, they’re also gluten-free!
Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies [Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free]
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup smooth, runny peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup vegan marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the flax and water to a large bowl. Whisk to combine and wait a couple of minutes for it to thicken.
- Add the peanut butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, non-dairy milk, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- One by one, add the baking soda, baking powder, and salt, whisking after each addition.
- Next, stir in the oat flour, followed by the chocolate chips and marshmallows. The dough will be quite sticky, but this is normal!
- With wet hands, roll the dough into 16 balls and place them on the prepared baking sheets. Lightly flatten with wet fingers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and let the cookies cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack.