A moist, fluffy, and chocolatey blondie. Now that is everyone's kind of dessert.
Peanut Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Blondies [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water)
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, combine flax seed meal with water. Set aside.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, using an electric mixer beat the sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in the rest of the wet ingredients (including thickened flax egg).
- Scoop wet mixture into dry and using the electric mixer beat together. The batter will seem pretty thick, but that is ok.
- Spread batter evenly into baking pan. Sprinkle on chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Bake for 25-30 min. until golden brown or toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 5 min. Enjoy!