This granola stands great on its own with its' intertwining blasts of flavor. Put it on top of ice cream for a real crowd pleaser.
Peanut Butter-Maple-Pecan and Coconut Bacon Granola [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice cereal
- 1/2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup coconut bacon
- Preheat the oven to 275F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, brown rice cereal, pecans, and coconut bacon. In a saucepan, melt the maple syrup, coconut oil, and peanut butter. Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and stir well to thoroughly coat everything.
- Bake the granola for 10 minutes, stir, and return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes. Stir and return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. In my oven, it takes a total of 40 minutes to get the crispy consistency. Watch carefully that you don’t burn the granola.
- Remove from the oven, gently stir, and let cool.