This recipe is very, very simple. And because it’s so simple, you can easily substitute ingredients that you or your loved ones may not consume. For instance, some people’s digestive systems are sensitive to peanut butter. If this is the case, substitute almond butter!
Peanut Butter Granola [Vegan]
- 2 cups old-fashioned (gluten-free) oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 cup raisins or cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a large sheet pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together oats, pumpkin seeds, raisins (or cranberries), cinnamon, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe dish or on the stovetop, melt the peanut butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup (or coconut nectar) together until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Spread granola mixture on the prepared sheet pan. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Cook until the granola is lightly browned. If you’re unsure, remove a small portion of the granola and set on the counter. If it hardens, it’s done!)
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Store in an air-tight container or bag for up to 2 weeks.
- Peanut Butter