Pasta salads are one of the best dishes to bring or make for a party or event! They are not only easy to make but they are great to travel and make in advance foods too! There is something about chili and lemon together that is just so flavorful! The slight bit of heat from the chili mixed with the fresh kick of lemon is the perfect match!
Pasta Salad With Chili Lemon Sauce [Vegan]
- 6-ounces pasta
- 4 cups broccoli (chopped and rinsed well)
- 1 sweet bell red pepper (pitted and chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch of fresh black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil to cook the pasta.
- While waiting for water to boil, start rinsing and chopping the veggies.
- Once water is boiling in pasta to the water a cook until done to your liking.
- While the pasta is boiling you can either add the veggies to a large mixing bowl or you can sautée up the broccoli and red pepper for about 5 minutes on high heat if you do not like them raw. (I personally sautéed mine up because I don’t like broccoli and pepper raw, but it’s great either way)
- Once the pasta is done, drain and rinse with cold water so the pasta can cool down and stop cooking. Add the pasta to the bowl with the veggies.
- Add in the dried cranberries/cherries and chopped pecans next.
- Mix up the dressing in a bowl and pour it over the top, mix it in!