Whether you are new to or well-versed in the concept of grain-free pizza crusts, this is an original, vegetable-centric option that will have you running to the kitchen to try. It’s made with two humble ingredients, parsnips and chickpea flour, and can be shaped into pizza crusts big or small, takes minutes to prepare, and can be topped with any and all of your favorite toppings.
Parsnip and Chickpea Four Crust [Vegan, Grain-Free]
4 mini pizzas
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 to 4 medium-size parsnips, washed and peeled
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the water, chickpea flour, olive oil, and salt. Let stand while preparing the parsnips.
- Finely grate the parsnips (you should have enough to measure 2 lightly packed cups).
- Add the parsnips to the chickpea flour mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Evenly space 4 equal-sized portions of parsnip mixture on prepared baking pan. Using fingertips, press each mound into a circle (about 5 to 6 inches in diameter and about 1/2-inch thick).
- Bake in preheated oven for 14 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and add toppings of choice.
- Return crust to oven and bake for 7-11 minutes longer until toppings are cooked/melted.
- Serve with any additional fresh toppings.