Paprika gives these polenta fries a gorgeous golden color while oregano complements the flavors. They will be a hit with everyone!
Paprika and Oregano Polenta Fries [Vegan]
- 1 cup polenta
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- A pinch of dried chili flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan bring the water to the boil. Slowly pour the polenta into the water, stirring constantly. Keep stirring for 5-6 minutes, until the polenta has thickened and become creamy. Once cooked add the paprika, chili flakes, oregano, and salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour the polenta into a small cold baking tray or plate and spread out so you have an even level layer around 1/4 inch thick. Leave to cool down until completely set.
- Once set slice the polenta into 1/4 inch thick fries. At that point, you can either heat your oven to 390°F, or heat a little oil in a frying pan until very hot. If baking in the oven, sprinkle with salt and pop them in for around 20-25 minutes, until crisp on the outside. If frying, give them around 6-8 minutes, turning them frequently until crisp and golden on the outside.