It's unseemly to eat candy for breakfast ... but what about candy-inspired scones? We think that's totally fine. These scones are a mixture of almond a coconut flour, filled with shredded coconut, and then liberally studded with chocolate chips to make scones that are reminiscent of that classic candy bar. These babies are the perfect treat to break out at a decadent brunch.
Paleo Almond Joy Scones [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, coconut, and salt.
- Incorporate the applesauce and agave into the dry mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix your dough well.
- Divide this into 9-10 portions (about 1/4 cup of batter). Shape them into balls and flatten them to form a scone.
- Bake them for 20 minutes till golden brown.