The vibrant sweet and sour flavors of pad thai will win you over! This version is most exciting to me because you can eat it with your hands! What a thrill, eh? Not only is this burger delicious, it looks gorgeous and comes together so easily. This recipe goes great with peanut sauce!
Pad Thai Burgers [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup (35 g) shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup (59 g) shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) quick peanut sauce (see tip) or Coco Loco peanut sauce (page 154)
- 2 vegan hamburger buns
- 2 vegan burger patties, cooked
- Thinly sliced tomato
- Thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup (13 g) bean sprouts
- Sriracha (optional)
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) peanuts, crushed
- Lime wedges (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the cabbage and carrot with 2 tablespoons (28 ml) peanut sauce. Mix until well combined.
- To assemble the burger, divide the peanut slaw between 2 bottom buns. Place the burger on top of the slaw and add the tomato, cucumber, and sprouts. Drizzle the remaining peanut sauce over each burger and add sriracha (if using). Sprinkle each burger with crushed peanuts.
- Serve open-faced with a wedge of lime on the side (if using). Squeeze the lime over the burger before placing the top bun on.