This oven-baked oatmeal can be prepared just before baking, or in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake. The slightly crispy top and creamy center that is formed in the baking process truly takes oatmeal to a whole new level.
Oven-Baked Oatmeal for One [Vegan]
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk or water
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add-ins of choice: nut/seed butters, chocolate, fruit, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and grease a baking ramekin with coconut oil or baking spray.
- Mash banana in a small bowl, then add milk/water.
- Mix together remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Add banana mixture into the bowl of the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into the prepared ramekin, and bake in the center of the oven for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool a bit, and enjoy!