A fun fall treat that takes healthy eating a little less seriously! These baked apple nachos take dessert nachos to a whole other level. They’re like pie, but much easier and much healthier. If you bake them in your oven, the glorious smell would convince everyone that a traditional pie was in the making. You can even allow everyone to customize their own or you can pile on the toppings yourself!
Oven-Baked Loaded Apple Nachos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Apples:
- 4 apples, sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Toppings:
- 2 tablespoons nut butter of choice
- 1-2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan caramel
- Pumpkin seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Chocolate chips
- Crushed graham crackers (gluten-free if necessary)
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1-2 teaspoons liquid sweetener of choice
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Slice apples into wedges. Coat skillet with coconut oil.
- Place sliced apples in a skillet. Drizzle any remaining coconut oil on top of the apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- If doing on a grill or a campfire, place apples in foil packet and close packet tightly. Place packet on the grate of a fire pit over a small fire, on the grill, or on hot charcoals.
- In the oven, bake for 30-35 minutes at 350°F.
- On top of a fire, bake for 8-10 minutes, until apples are soft.
- To make the chocolate sauce, mix the cacao powder with the coconut oil and the liquid sweetener. Microwave briefly before using.
- Top with desired toppings and serve! You can also set up an apple nacho bar and allow guests to serve themselves.