Getting sick of plain old bagged potato chips? Try making these crispy oven-baked oregano and olive oil beet chips at home! They're made with just three ingredients and so versatile – you can season the chips any way you like!
Oregano Olive Oil Beet Chips [Vegan]
- 2-3 medium sized beets, washed and trimmed, skin left on
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 sprigs of fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Place a cooling rack onto your baking sheet (this allows air to flow evenly around the beets).
- Using a mandolin and the guide to protect your hand. Turn the dial to the second setting.
- And start slicing your beets with the skin on. Then place them in a single layer on your cooling rack. You need to work in batches so they evenly bake.
- Once all of the beets are sliced and placed on your baking sheets, whisk your olive oil, fresh oregano, and fresh cracked pepper. Brush onto the tops of the beets facing up and then sprinkle with salt.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes to check. At this point, flip them over and add more olive oil to the opposite side. Bake again until crispy, about 25 minutes. You need to watch these as they reach the cooking time – remove each chip as it gets browned up and leave the chips that require extra time because inevitably they all don’t cook evenly and at the same time.
- Remove the chips and add to a platter lined with a paper towel to absorb any extra oil that remains. Sprinkle with additional salt. Serve immediately.
- Beet Recipes