These vegan orange shortbread cookies are so delicious – a crunchy little shortbread style cookie, great for morning or afternoon tea. Your guests will never guess that butter was not involved in making these so tasty. Try them out, they are very simple to make!
Orange Shortbread Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- finely grated rind of 2 oranges
- 1 & 1/2 cups unbleached plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Beat the vegan butter and sugar together until soft and creamy. Mix in the orange rind (and a little squeeze of orange juice). Gradually add the flour and gently mix together to form a dough.
- Roll out of a floured surface until about 1/3 inch thick. Cut out your preferred shape and add a little extra caster sugar. Prick with a fork and bake for about 20 minutes until the cookies are a light golden color.
- Cool and eat!